working with file prior to MoveTo

Guest-995

I have a site for users to upload PDF's. In some instances we need the PDF file to be text searchable instead of scanned as an Image.
I currently use the MoveTo method to save the file to a folder and them check to see if it is seacrhable. If not I attempt to remove it but receive a message that it is being used by another process.
Is there a way I can check the file prior to using MoveTo (can I get the temp file name) or if not then release the file so it can be deleted?

Re: working with file prior to MoveTo

Normally that error is caused by accessing the FileContent property but not closing the Stream that it returns. If that doesn't help, post your code-behind and I'll see if anything jumps out at me. --Dean

Re: working with file prior to MoveTo

tifanny357
Generally, PDF document created with professional PDF add-on is text searchable.