useHttpModule problem

Guest-1077
I'm having some issues when I try to use the following configuration:

<neatUpload xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008" decryptionKey="3052ae3e58a71cc344e1371571339599" useHttpModule="false" defaultStateStoreProvider="sbStateStoreProvider" >
<providers>
<add name="sbStateStoreProvider" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.SessionBasedUploadStateStoreProvider"/>
</providers>
   </neatUpload>
</system.web>

<location path="AdminContents.aspx">
<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151" executionTimeout="3600" />
</system.web>
<neatUpload useHttpModule="true" maxNormalRequestLength="100" maxRequestLength="2097151"/>
</location>

This is working fine in development, but when I move to production (win2003 IIS6) the HttpModule is not enabled so the control is not shown. If I change useHttpModule to true in the neatUpload section it works fine.
Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Re: useHttpModule problem

Things to check:
  • Make sure that the Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.dll is installed in the bin folder of your application.
  • Make sure that the top-level directory of your application is actually configured as a web application, not just a virtual dir.
  • Make sure that the UploadHttpModule has been added to the <httpModules> section (or <system.webServer><modules> section if you are using the DefaultAppPool with IIS7) of your Web.config.
  • Make sure that you don't have ASP.NET application-wide tracing enabled for your application.  ASP.NET application-wide tracing disables NeatUpload.
If none of those things is the problem, please email me (dean at brettle dot com) a small test app that demonstrates the problem.

Re: useHttpModule problem

Guest-1077
Hi Dean,

(Check) Make sure that the Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.dll is installed in the bin folder of your application.
(Check) Make sure that the top-level directory of your application is actually configured as a web application, not just a virtual dir.
(Check) Make sure that the UploadHttpModule has been added to the <httpModules> section (or <system.webServer><modules> section if you are using the DefaultAppPool with IIS7) of your Web.config.
(Check) Make sure that you don't have ASP.NET application-wide tracing enabled for your application. ASP.NET application-wide tracing disables NeatUpload.

The wierd thing is that if I use the following configuration the problem dissapears

<neatUpload xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008" decryptionKey="3052ae3e58a71cc344e1371571339599" useHttpModule="TRUE" defaultStateStoreProvider="sbStateStoreProvider" >
<providers>
<add name="sbStateStoreProvider" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.SessionBasedUploadStateStoreProvider"/>
</providers>
</neatUpload>

</system.web>
<location path="AdminContents.aspx">
<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151" executionTimeout="3600" />
</system.web>
<neatUpload useHttpModule="true" maxNormalRequestLength="100" maxRequestLength="2097151"/>
</location>

The problem is that if I only want to enable the HttpModule for only one page It doesn't get enable, but this is only happening when I deploy the solution. During development this is working perfect.
If you need more information about how is the sever configured please let me know.
Thanks for your time Dean.

//Jorge

Re: useHttpModule problem

Does using path="~/AdminContents.aspx" help?

Re: useHttpModule problem

Guest-1077
No, the issue persists! I will build a new application with only one page in order to see what happens when I deploy to production. As soon as I get any result I will let you know. Thanks!