"Access denied" downloading images

Phil Stapleton
I've been testing my app, happily uploading image files with NeatUpload and then downloading them with an FTP program. However.... the first time a real user uploaded some images, the FTP program got an "Access Denied" error when it tried to download them. Other image files that were uploaded with the same app on the same day download OK. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? It's hard to understand because I create the files when I copy them from the NeatUpload temp folder, so permissions should be fine.

Re: "Access denied" downloading images

Make sure the temp dir is readable by whoever you are ftping as. The files will inherit the permissions of the temp dir. If the your app uses impersonation you might need to have your code-behind change ownership or permissions after you call MoveTo().

Re: "Access denied" downloading images

billy000
After creating a web image viewer in your program, you can upload the selected image to the target folder of server and display the image.