get/set arguments for progress?

Guest-824
Hi Dean,
I've been using this for a few weeks (1.2.30), I'm finding this to be an extremely useful control. Also, thank you for putting it under the LGPL.

I've realised from browsing the forums you can't show independent progress of multiple uploads. I was wondering though if I could make it appear as though this was being done by making it look as though each file were being queued. I thought maybe this could be done by giving arguments to multiple progress bars to have them stop once they've reached x KB. Or if I could retrieve that information from another page that would also be useful.

Any comments/ideas would be appreciated.

Adam

Re: get/set arguments for progress?

There is no way to determine the size of an individual file in an upload until it has been uploaded, so you wouldn't know what values to pass to the different progress bars.  If you really want separate progress bars, you could use multiple iframes each displaying a page containing a form with an InputFile and ProgressBar.  The page containing the iframes would then call submit() on the forms in each of the iframes in turn.

Re: get/set arguments for progress?

Guest-824
Dean,
Thanks for the quick reply. Having users submit for each iframe would be too much. I will stick to having the progress bar display all files! Thanks for your time.

Re: get/set arguments for progress?

In case you misunderstood, I wasn't proposing that users click on a submit button in each iframe.  You could use JavaScript to submit the forms in each of the iframes programmatically (using form.submit()) when they click on a single submit button.  I still think you are better off with a single progress bar though.  At least that way users would know the total time remaining until all uploads are complete and that is probably the thing they most want to know.

--Dean