error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest

I got the project to build, thanks Dean, but now when i click my upload button I get the following error:

"Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0." on line 476 of FilteringWorkerRequest.cs.

I setup the sp's like the example and added to provider in web config. I get this error before i hit my breakpoint in the button click event on the upload page

<neatUpload useHttpModule="false" maxRequestLength="2097151" maxNormalRequestLength="4096" maxUploadRate="100" xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008" defaultStorageProvider="SqlServerUploadStorageProvider">

<providers>

<add name="SqlServerUploadStorageProvider" type="Hitone.Web.SqlServerUploader.SqlServerUploadStorageProvider, Hitone.Web.SqlServerUploader" connectionString="LegendGroupConnectionString"

createProcedure="web.File_CreateBlob" openProcedure="web.File_OpenBlob" readProcedure="web.File_ReadBlob" writeProcedure="web.File_WriteBlob" deleteProcedure="web.File_DeleteBlob" cleanupProcedure="web.File_CleanUpBlob" renameProcedure="web.File_RenameBlob" storeHashProcedure="web.File_FinalizeBlob" />

</providers>

</neatUpload >

Thank you,

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

FilteringWorkerRequest.cs is just rethrowing the exception.  I suspect its a problem with your connection string.  Note that if you are using named connections you need to use connectionName="blah" instead of connectionString="blah".

Re: error with SQL upload

Guest-1013

my connection string works because I already have sections of the website data driven. however here is my connection string for your review.

<connectionStrings>

<add name="LegendGroupConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=LEGENDSQL02;Initial Catalog=XXXX;User ID=XXXX;Password=XXXX; Failover Partner=LEGENDSQL02;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

Could NeatUpload not like the Failover Partner attribute?

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

Guest-1013

ok, I fixed the "connectionName" issue. Now I get:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. on internal void ParseMultipart() of FilteringWorkerRequest.cs

Thanks,

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

Please post the full stacktrace and the neatUpload section of your Web.config. --Dean

Re: error with SQL upload

Guest-1013

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code
  Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
  Source="mscorlib"
  StackTrace:
       at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.Internal.Module.FilteringWorkerRequest.WriteParsedToOutputStream()
       at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.Internal.Module.FilteringWorkerRequest.CopyUntilBoundary()
       at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.Internal.Module.FilteringWorkerRequest.ParseOrThrow()
       at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.Internal.Module.FilteringWorkerRequest.ParseMultipart()
       at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule.WaitForUploadToComplete()
       at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule.Application_ResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
  InnerException:

<section name="neatUpload" allowLocation="true" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.ConfigSectionHandler, Brettle.Web.NeatUpload" />

<neatUpload useHttpModule="false" maxRequestLength="2097151" maxNormalRequestLength="4096" maxUploadRate="100" defaultStorageProvider="SqlServerUploadStorageProvider">

<providers>

<add name="SqlServerUploadStorageProvider" type="Hitone.Web.SqlServerUploader.SqlServerUploadStorageProvider, Hitone.Web.SqlServerUploader" connectionName="LegendGroupConnectionString"

createProcedure="web.File_CreateBlob" openProcedure="web.File_OpenBlob" readProcedure="web.File_ReadBlob" writeProcedure="web.File_WriteBlob" deleteProcedure="web.File_DeleteBlob" cleanupProcedure="web.File_CleanUpBlob" renameProcedure="web.File_RenameBlob" storeHashProcedure="web.File_FinalizeBlob" />

</providers>

</neatUpload >

<location path="SiteManagement/admin/FindAdvisor/default.aspx">

<neatUpload useHttpModule="true"/>

</location>

thanks,

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest

Dean,

I was able to get it working with the default Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.dll in a sample project I made. but whe I open the source and build it with no modification and replace the original ddl with the newly built one i get the following errors:

Error 3 Type 'Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UnloadConfirmer' is not defined. C:\Users\seacrest.LEGEND\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Upload\Upload\Default.aspx.designer.vb 34 46 Upload

Error 4 Reference required to assembly 'Brettle.Web.NeatUpload, Version=1.3.3519.18793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c95290d92c5893c8' containing the base class 'Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.InputFile'. Add one to your project. C:\Users\seacrest.LEGEND\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Upload\Upload\Default.aspx.designer.vb 43 39 Upload

Error 5 Type 'Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.ProgressBar' is not defined. C:\Users\seacrest.LEGEND\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Upload\Upload\Default.aspx.designer.vb 70 47 Upload

I had the previous version and followed the same step with no problem so I am not sure what changed.

At least I am making progress

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

Try deleting the NeatUpload reference and re-adding it to point to the version you built. --Dean

Re: error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest

Dean,

I deleted and re-added the refrence. now i only have one error

Error 1 Reference required to assembly 'Brettle.Web.NeatUpload, Version=1.3.3519.18793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c95290d92c5893c8' containing the base class 'Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.InputFile'. Add one to your project. C:\Users\seacrest.LEGEND\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Upload\Upload\Default.aspx.designer.vb 43 39 Upload

Thanks,

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest

Dean,

It looks like when i build the NeatUpload-1.3.18\dotnet\src\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.csproj. it loses its reference to the Hitone.Web.SqlServerUploader.dll

<SqlUpload:SqlServerInputFile id="inputFile" runat="server" />

the error below ifs on the control above:

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Brettle.Web.NeatUpload, Version=1.3.3519.18793, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c95290d92c5893c8' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) C:\Users\seacrest.LEGEND\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\LegendGroup\SiteManagement\admin\FindAdvisor\Default.aspx 9

Re: error with SQL upload

SqlServerInputFile is built by a different project. See the top-level README.txt for how to build the entire solution. You might be able to get away with opening NeatUpload.sln and building the Hitone.Web.SqlServerUploader project. --Dean

Re: error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest

NeatUpload.sln wont open. i double click and nothing. I have VS2005 and VS2008 installed. also do I need the

1. mtasc from http://mtasc.org.  The mtasc executable needs to be on your PATH.
2. jsmin from http://crockford.com/javascript/jsmin.html.  The jsmin executable needs to be on your PATH.

if I dont use it? will what I need build properly without it?

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest

ignore last post. i have to open with VS2008. Im having a loooong week :)

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest

All set, thanks for help Dean. I just needed to build both projects in the same solution. not sure why though.

Adam

Re: error with SQL upload

I open VS2008 and then open it from there. You need mtasc and jsmin to build the whole solution. You might be able to build individual dlls without them. Not sure. --Dean

Re: error with SQL upload

Adam Seacrest
FYI, I was able to build the individual dlls and it works.