basic neatupload demo site created not working exactly...?

basic neatupload demo site created not working exactly...?

Guest-837

Hello,

I created a very basic demo site in VS2005 ASP.NET 2.0 to test the control.  I am able to get a file uploaded to the proper directory (using MoveTo) however I am not getting the AJAX style.  I do not see the progress bar either inline or in a pop-up window.  Any idea why this might be the case.

I would definitely appreciate any thoughts or someone to tweak my solution so that it is working.  Posted below is the solution (zipped).

Thank you very much can't wait to get this control working!

http://ajondeck.net/extrafiles/neatuploaddemo.zip

Re: basic neatupload demo site created not working exactly...?

You need to add the UploadHttpModule to the <httpModules> section of your Web.config, per the Installation instructions.

Re: basic neatupload demo site created not working exactly...?

Guest-837

Thank you for the response I am not able to have the demo working on my machine.

However I am trying to overwrite the temp directory, here is a snippet of my web.config.  I have a folder in the root of my webapp called "tempfile."  Per your documentation this is how I see it working.  However when I create an instance of the FileSystemUploadStorageProvider class, it appears the TempDirectory property is still pointing to the standard Path.GetTempPath() (also per your manual)

Any thoughts on why this might be the case?

Thank you!

    <httpModules>
      <add name="UploadHttpModule" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule, Brettle.Web.NeatUpload" />
    </httpModules>
    <neatUpload useHttpModule="true" defaultProvider="FilesystemUploadStorageProvider">
      <providers>
        <add name="FilesystemUploadStorageProvider"
             type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.FilesystemUploadStorageProvider"
             tempDirectory="tempfile" />
      </providers>
    </neatUpload>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151" executionTimeout="3600" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" />

You said:
Thank you for the response I am not able to have the demo working on my machine.

Did you mean "...I am now able to have the demo working..."?  Or is it still not working.

Regarding the temp directory, are you manually creating a FileSystemUploadStorageProvider?  If so you shouldn't be.  NeatUpload will create it when it parses the Web.config.  Your Web.config looks fine assuming you don't have any other <neatUpload> sections.  What makes you think that NeatUpload is still using the default temp directory?  If you place a breakpoint at line 44 of UploadStorage.cs (in NeatUpload-1.3) and check the value of Provider.TempDirectory when the breakpoint is hit, you should see that it is using your temp dir.

Re: basic neatupload demo site created not working exactly...?

Guest-837

You are correct with "now" sorry about the miss communication.  Though I do not have a working provider to test with (using GoDaddy atm and obviously problems with medium trust)

First I am using v 1.2.3 I believe.  What makes me think it is not working is when i instance that class and check the value of the Temp property, it appears to still be pointing to the local GetTemp directory.

Good stuff let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Re: basic neatupload demo site created not working exactly...?

If you are actually using 1.2.3, you should definitely upgrade to either 1.2.30, or preferably 1.3.1.

How are you "instancing" FilesystemUploadStorageProvider?  If you are using "new", that is the problem.  NeatUpload automatically creates an instance of FilesystemUploadStorageProvider when it receives the first upload.  When it creates that instance, it will use the tempDirectory you have specified in your Web.config.

If you are not using "new", how do you know that your temp dir is not being used?

--Dean