Works on dev server, but not on production.

Ed

Works on dev server, but not on production.

Ed
I've seen loads of these type of posts but none seem to fix my problem. When I test locally with localhost everything is fine. When I publish and upload to our production server, neatupload doesn't work. When I view the page source I can see the .js file have not been rendered to the page. The java files all exist on the server. The server is a windows 2008 r2 running iis 6. I feels like some sort of permissions error but there are no error messages produced.

And help / ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Works on dev server, but not on production.

rlee923
Might not be the best idea, but try to use iis7 first.
At least you will have more people who can try to help you ( like me ) :D.

Other than that...

1. Download the latest binary and source code from the project page.

2. Copy the content of the demo.aspx file under

3. copy-paste  binaryfolder\NeatUploadBinaries
into your web app folder

4. Create a new standard .aspx with codebehind

5. add the dll reference

6.  copy the content of demo.aspx and demo.aspx.cs under  sourcefilefolder\dotnet\app\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload

7. remove the page load event handler (comment out) - because with this the event handler will run twice.

8. configure web.config

-- under <configuration>
<configSections>
    <section name="neatUpload" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.ConfigSectionHandler, Brettle.Web.NeatUpload" allowLocation="true" />

  </configSections>

<neatUpload xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008"
                defaultStorageProvider="FilesystemUploadStorageProvider"
              maxRequestLength="4096"
              useHttpModule="false"

    <providers>
      <add name="FilesystemUploadStorageProvider"
         type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.FilesystemUploadStorageProvider"         tempDirectory="[yourtempdir]" />
    </providers>
  </neatUpload>
  <location path="[your upload test page eg) demo.aspx]">

    <neatUpload useHttpModule="true" />

  </location>

<system.webServer>
    <modules>

      <add name="UploadHttpModule" type="Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule, Brettle.Web.NeatUpload" />

    </modules>
  </system.webServer>

now try to compile and run this using.net v4.0 pool

let us know how you go.
Ed

Re: Works on dev server, but not on production.

Ed
Thanks for replying, I've moved over to another project - deadlines and what not, so I've not had chance to look at this. Shall do as soon as I can.

Re: Works on dev server, but not on production.

barcode
You must be an expert for Java. I am still in college and I want to ask you some advice. Do you think it is possible to scan barcode with Ipad? I want to use it as my graduation project, do you think it is a wise choice for me to explore this?

Re: Works on dev server, but not on production.

billy000
Here is a Java Image tool which is easy to use and with high-performance and well-documented APIs.

Re: Works on dev server, but not on production.

arronlee
But do you have any barcode SDKs to recommend? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
Best Regards,
Arron