Validation controls that postback

Larry Brindise

Any ideas on how to handle the situation where a validation control that normally does not need to postback to the server ends up deciding to postback?

Of course, if the validation control posts back, and a file has been selected for upload, the upload occurs even though the validation failed (and thus posted back to the server).

I am thinking there will be no easy solution to this except to not use the validation controls.  I will have to research why the postback is occurring... Just thought I'd see if anyone out there has any immediately enlightened ideas.

Re: Validation controls that postback

I'm not sure what you mean by a "validation control".  Do you mean a control that is validated by a validator control or do you mean the validator control itself?  If you send me (dean at brettle dot com) the HTML source for the page and a description of the user action that causes the behavior, I'll see if anything jumps out at me.