Using a Custom Config

Guest-994
Hello Guys, Have to say this is a fantastic tool, one of the most impressive .NET components I have come across and the wealth of information, documents is amazing. How can I use NeatUpload without specifying
in the Web.Config and also how can I make use of the config values in a different config file? Many thanks

Re: Using a Custom Config

I'm afraid I don't understand either of your questions. Can you provide more details or an example of what you want to do? --Dean

Re: Using a Custom Config

Guest-994
Sorry my code comments seem to have been stripped out. We are using our own custom configuration file and a reference to this configuration file is kept in Web.Config What is the recommended way to store configuration information in a custom configuration file. Is this possible with NeatUpload? Many thanks

Re: Using a Custom Config

You need to add NeatUpload config section handler if you are going to have a <neatUpload> section anywhere.  I think you might be able to use ASP.NET's standard configSource attribute to put the <neatUpload> section in a file other than Web.config, but I've never tried.  Does that help?

Re: Using a Custom Config

There's no way (short of changes to the NeatUpload code) to programmatically change NeatUpload config, which is presumably what you would want to do.

Re: Using a Custom Config

Guest-994
Thank you for the response, I ended up modifying the Config.cs class and setting the various values such as config.MaxRequestLength directly from my own config file. It all seems to be working fine. Once again thank you for the control and also your amazing support.