Using ProgressInfoFormat

max

Using ProgressInfoFormat

max

I am trying to change the ProgressInfoFormat and having some problems.

This is what I am trying to do. On my website, the user can upload a zip file containing several images. I compress these images before uploading them to the database. I am trying to dynamically change the cue text that is displayed on the progress bar. Displaying "<count>/<totalCount> images processed" is not a problem.

Since this upload is a two part process, I want to display "<count>/<totalCount> images compressed" and then when they are actually being uploaded, "<count>/<totalCount> images processed".

Q) What's the best way to do this?

I tried changing the NeatUplaod.String.resx file, removed the "processed" word from ProgressInfoFormat value thinking I would use Unit as the text I want to display. Though this idea will work, for some reason, the new binary now makes the Progress.aspx page take my website's CSS theme instead of its own.

When I view the source for the Progress bar popup, I see the origial CSS link and my website's CSS links.

<head>
<link href="../App_Themes/White/Default.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="../App_Themes/White/Frame.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<title>Upload Progress</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="default" href="default.css" />
Q) Any idea why it's picking up my website's stylesheets.
Q) Is there a way I can change ProgressInfoFormat programatically without changing the binary.
Thanks,
Max

Re: Using ProgressInfoFormat

I suspect that it is picking up your theme's stylesheets because you rebuilt NeatUpload against .NET 2.0 (or higher).  The normal binary is built against .NET 1.1 which doesn't know about themes.  So, it isn't your changes to the ProgressInfoFormat that are causing the extra stylesheets, it is just the rebuild.

The easiest solution is to just update ProgressInfo's Text property instead of it's Value property.  That will give you complete control over exactly what is displayed (ProgressInfoFormat will be ignored) and won't require a rebuild.

Re: Using ProgressInfoFormat

Guest-946
Thank you Dean. I will go this route.

Re: Using ProgressInfoFormat

arronlee
Yup indeed, rebuild is not necessary at all. Btw, using ProgressInfoFormat to manipulate the imaging problems with .NET can make the process much simpler and fatser.
Best Regards,
Arron

Next Tomorrow is Another Day.

Re: Using ProgressInfoFormat

daniel147
You may refer to this image and doc uploading tutorial and it mainly talks about uploading and submission of document image data from local file system to SQL server database.