Uploads work from local IE but not from Remote client

Uploads work from local IE but not from Remote client

Guest-770

I have installed a copy of NeatUpload version 1.2.28 into our application, and it works fine when running IE from the server.  However all remote clients (i.e. not on the server) the upload fails completely quietly - no errors, no entries in the Event Log, no database access, nothing.  The progressbar (inline mode) refreshes once, then stops.  I can see in the source file of the page the the windows.onload event is doing a NeatUploadCancel() call - impling that the upload returned a bad response.  Any clues as to what could cause this behavior?

David Williams

Re: Uploads work from local IE but not from Remote client

For anyone else reading this thread, we discussed this via email and decided it was a problem specific to the server he was running on.  Reinstalling on a new server solved the problem.

Re: Uploads work from local IE but not from Remote client

Guest-770
I was same situation. Local testing is very good but remote upload is fail (IE 7). Exactly expression is progress bar is not growth. 1.5GB file upload was good worked in local IE 7. But same file upload fail in remote IE 7. Not exist event log.

Re: Uploads work from local IE but not from Remote client

Questions:

  1. Are you running under a virtual server or a physical server?
  2. What version of NeatUpload are you using?
  3. Do small files (e.g. <200K) work remotely?
  4. Is there a firewall or proxy between the remote browser and the server?
  5. If you remove the the UploadHttpModule from the <httpModules> section does the upload succeed (but without a progress bar)?
  6. If you replace the InputFile control with a standard HtmlInputFile or FileUpload control, does the upload work?

Re: Uploads work from local IE but not from Remote client

Guest-770
I solved problem. trouble fact was ajax button control. now, changed asp button, and then everything was good work. thanks dean.