Uploading 80+ MB files to Webserver not working

Uploading 80+ MB files to Webserver not working

Guest-1053
Hi Guys,

I have something strange happening on our web server.

I took NeatUpload-1.3.18 code and extracted it on our web server.  I'm able to upload 20MB files with no problem.  I can see the file in the Upload directory during the upload process with changing files size.

Anything over 80MB+, all I see is "Waiting for uploads to start" in the progress bar.  No matter how long I wait, the progress bar never moves. There is no file with size=0 in the Upload directory.

Default.aspx page doesn't appear to be hang because the Cancel button when clicked, hides the progress bar.

Demo works fine on the when I'm running it on localhost.

Is there something in IIS that I have to set on the server(Win Server 2003, w/ IIS 6)?  The web server is located on the same network, so no firewalls or slow network connections to deal with.

Thank you in advance,
Vlad

Re: Uploading 80+ MB files to Webserver not working

See Step #11 in the installation instructions in the manual. --Dean

Re: Uploading 80+ MB files to Webserver not working

Guest-1053
Hi Dean,

Thanks for the reply.

We have IIS 6.0 on our server, I checked for the applicationHost.config file and couldn't find it anywhere.

I even checked in metabase.xml for requestFiltering section, with no success.

My web.config settings are:
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="3600" maxRequestLength="2097151" />

    <security>
      <requestFiltering>
        <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="104857600" />
      </requestFiltering>
    </security>

Is there anything else you can think of?

Thanks,
Vlad

Re: Uploading 80+ MB files to Webserver not working

Make sure you don't have URLScan or something similar installed, or if you do make sure it allow sufficiently large requests. The symptoms you report indicate that the large request is never making it to NeatUpload's UploadHttpModule. To rule out NeatUpload as the cause, create a separate test app that doesn't use NeatUpload and try uploading the same file to it. --Dean

Re: Uploading 80+ MB files to Webserver not working

Guest-1053
Hi Dean,

Thank you, it was the URLScan.  Changing MaxAllowedContentLength setting in urlscan.ini fixed the problem.

Thanks again,
Vlad

Re: Uploading 80+ MB files to Webserver not working

Guest-1053
I was banging my head over this same problem, except with a file just over 30 MB. Previously I have been using it on IIS 6, so I wasn't paying real close attention to the extra requirements. Adding MaxAllowedContentLength worked for me. This thread was a life saver! Thanks Dean!