UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Guest-1124

Hi!

I've noticed that the UnloadConfirmer doesn't seem to work when used in a DotNetNuke module. It just doesn't show the confirmation dialog box.

When looking at the html-source of the generated page, I've noticed that the related javascript call has been disabled by a comment tag (<!--- -->)...

Is there anything I can try?

Thanks for your help!

chris

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

What is the javascript call that is in the comment tag?

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Guest-1124
<script type='text/javascript' language='javascript'>
<!--
NeatUploadUnloadConfirmerCreate('dnn_ctr386_ViewContactForm_UnloadConfirmer1', '9C22204D807BBFAFF6CDD59183951CB7','Are you really sure you want to cancel any upload that is in progress?');
// -->
</script>

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Oh, that comment.  That doesn't disable the call.  It just hides it from ancient browsers that didn't understand script tags.  That's not the problem.

Are any JavaScript errors occuring on your page?  Does path_to_your_app/NeatUpload/NeatUpload.js return the NeatUpload.js file?

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Guest-1124
Yes, the js file is there and it is accessible (btw the Multiupload- and Progress-Control is working fine). I do not encounter any script errors :-( Is there any place I can look in the generated HTML source to see where the handler should get registered? Thanks! Chris

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

NeatUploadUnloadConfirmerCreate() calls "new NeatUploadUnloadConfirmer()".  The NeatUploadUnloadConfirmer constructor adds the handler right here.

Just to be sure, you are trying to leave the page while an upload is in progress, right?  If no upload is in progress it will not ask for confirmation.

If you copy Demo.aspx and Demo.aspx.cs from NeatUpload-version/dotnet/app/Brettle.Web.NeatUpload/ into your app and try to leave the Demo.aspx page while uploading to it, does that work?

Also, what version of NeatUpload and browser are you using?

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Guest-1124

Hi Dean,

yes, I'm testing what happens when the user leaves the page while an upload is in progress.

While trying the Demo.aspx file I've noticed that the UnloadConfirmer only works when the upload progress is displayed using a popup window. When using the inline progress bar (as I do in my DNN module), the browser does not show the confirmation dialog when trying to leave the page.

I'm using IE8 and NeatUpload 1.3.21.

chris

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Guest-1124

... I've just discovered that switching the inline property off does only make the UnloadConfirmer work in the Demo-file, not in my DNN module :-(

chris

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Demo.aspx works for me with IE8 with both inline and popup progress bars.  Do you have a public URL I can use to see the problem first hand?

If you configure NeatUpload-version/dotnet/app as it's own webapp and test app/Brettle.Web.NeatUpload/Demo.aspx, does the unload confirm work?

Are you uploading using the MultiFile or InputFile controls?

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Correction.  I can reproduce the problem using the MultiFile control in Demo.aspx.  I'm looking into it.

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Guest-1124

Yes, it looks like it's some kind of "unstable". Sometimes it works (regardless of the ProgressBar style), sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks for your time looking at this problem ;-)

Re: UnloadConfirmer not working when used in DNN 5

Thanks for reporting the bug.  A fix has been committed and will be in the next release.