Streaming Content - No IO

Guest-922

Hi Dean,

First of all, Thanks for maintaing this project!!!

I have a "stupid" question...

If I want to stream an upload, zip it in memory, and email it as an attachment, all without IO, Do I need to write my own upload provider? I assume that if I call "Stream s = (Stream)inputFile.FileContent", the file is alreay in my tmp dir?

//Henry

Re: Streaming Content - No IO

Yes and yes.  FYI, if your concern is a frozen progress display while you do the compression/sending, you could show processing progress while you do that, instead of writing an UploadStorageProvider.

Re: Streaming Content - No IO

Guest-922

Thanks Dean,

Kind of what I expected.

What I'm really trying to achieve is a way to eliminate IO in a web cluster environment.

I'm running a similar solution using the regular fileupload, but it has so many limitations it becomes almost useless in a more "serious" environment.

The option, a mapped path, is really to introduce a single point of failure which kind of works against the concept of a cluster environment from the beginning...But writing an UploadStorageProvider looks a little bit ambitious for my current launch... That'll have to wait for version... ehhh... later.. ;)

If I write it, I'll share it.

Thanks again for a really cool product!

//Henry