Rmove Branding - legal?

Guest-981
Hi Mr. Dean,

a question regarding your branding:

is it legal to remove it on my own or do i need to pay you to "legalize" removal of the branding?

This is not clear to me?

Re: Rmove Branding - legal?

Yes, removing the branding is legal because NeatUpload is licensed under the LGPL.  If you intend to redistribute or sell your unbranded version (or any other modified version), you just need to license it under the LGPL and you can't associate the trademarked name NeatUpload with your unbranded version.  For example, you could use it internally or you could try to sell it (LGPLed) as "Really Cool Upload", but you can't license it under a traditional proprietary license and you can't call it NeatUpload or say it's "based on NeatUpload", etc.  For more info, see Branding, Licensing, and the Trademark.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

--Dean