Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Bryan
I must have something misconfigured, but I'm not sure what to check for.  I have MultiFile control on the page, it allows me to select files to upload.  I click my Upload Files submit button, and the Progress.aspx windows pops, but nothing happens after that.  It constantly refreshes, but displays no progress, and my click handler in my code behind never gets called.

What should I try?

Re: Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Bryan [via Support Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I must have something misconfigured, but I'm not sure what to check for.  I have MultiFile control on the page, it allows me to select files to upload.  I click my Upload Files submit button, and the Progress.aspx windows pops, but nothing happens after that.  It constantly refreshes, but displays no progress, and my click handler in my code behind never gets called.

What should I try?

What version of NeatUpload, .NET,  IIS, and browser are you using?

Are you doing a Flash upload with MultiFile?

If you copy Demo.aspx and Demo.aspx.cs from NeatUpload-version/dotnet/app/Brettle.Web.NeatUpload/ into your web app and try to upload using that Demo.aspx page, does it work?

Re: Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Bryan
Um...  I don't think you wrote anything there?

Re: Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Bryan wrote
Looks like a Nabble bug associated with replying by email.  Here's what I said:

What version of NeatUpload, .NET,  IIS, and browser are you using?

Are you doing a Flash upload with MultiFile?

If you copy Demo.aspx and Demo.aspx.cs from NeatUpload-version/dotnet/app/Brettle.Web.NeatUpload/ into your web app and try to upload using that Demo.aspx page, does it work?

Re: Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Bryan
I had flash upload set to True.  I removed that attribute altogether, and everything works fine now.

I'm currently using NeatUpload v1.3.3622.42055, .NET 3.5 SP1, IIS 7.0, FireFox 3.6.3.

Re: Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Do the MultiFile controls in Demo.aspx work when Demo.aspx is in your app?

Re: Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Bryan
Yes and No.  I notice that the first two MultiFile controls on the page have useFlashIfAvailable=true.  So, I picked files with those buttons, but when you select a file, it doesn't show the file I picked.  However, clicking Submit does work in that the progress pops up, and the name of the file is then displayed.

What doesn't work is that the flash multifile picker doesn't come up, just the standard windows file picker.  I had a similar problem using my page.  Sometimes the flash picker would come up, some times it wouldn't.  I couldn't figure out why.

Re: Progress window pops and constantly refreshes but does nothing

Bryan wrote
Yes and No.  I notice that the first two MultiFile controls on the page have useFlashIfAvailable=true.  So, I picked files with those buttons, but when you select a file, it doesn't show the file I picked.  However, clicking Submit does work in that the progress pops up, and the name of the file is then displayed.
That is a strange behavior that I've never heard of before.  I notice that earlier you mentioned that you are using NeatUpload v1.3.3622.42055.  That version number doesn't correspond to an official NeatUpload build.  Perhaps you changed something and rebuilt from source?  Can you download the latest 1.3.x version, upgrade the NeatUpload dlls and the contents of the NeatUpload folder, and let me know whether that helps?

Bryan wrote
What doesn't work is that the flash multifile picker doesn't come up, just the standard windows file picker.  I had a similar problem using my page.  Sometimes the flash picker would come up, some times it wouldn't.  I couldn't figure out why.
That depends on how long it takes the Flash player to start up.  It is designed to allow traditional one-at-a-time picking if the Flash player is not installed, or not the correct version, or never starts up.