Problem with concurrent uploads

Guest-1129

Hi!

Sorry to disturb you again but I'm facing a new problem which I can't seem to solve for myself:

Whenever I try to upload files on two (or more) different computers or browser sessions simultaneously, only the first finished upload is being processed correctly. The remaining upload sessions seem to be aborted (to be more specific: the files.length property is 0) exactly at the time, the files from the first session were processed.

I've already tried switching the UploadStateStoreProvider to inProc but then, the remaining upload sessions just stall (progress bar won't get refreshed and the process never finishes). When I choose the ASP.NET State Server instead of InProc state management, I get the following exception as soon as the (first) upload process finishes:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.]
   System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data) +480
   System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(String address, NameValueCollection data) +34
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.SimpleWebRemoting.MakeRemoteCall(Uri uri, HttpCookieCollection httpCookies, Byte[] encryptionKey, Byte[] validationKey, String encryptionAlgorithm, String validationAlgorithm, Object[] methodCall) +1279
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.SimpleWebRemoting.MakeRemoteCall(Uri uri, Object[] methodCall) +177
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.SessionBasedUploadStateStoreProvider.MakeRemoteCall(Object[] methodCall) +106
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.SessionBasedUploadStateStoreProvider.MergeAndSave(UploadState uploadState) +159
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.AdaptiveUploadStateStoreProvider.MergeAndSave(UploadState uploadState) +48
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadStateStore.MergeAndSave(UploadState uploadState) +42
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadStateStore.UploadState_Changed(Object sender, EventArgs args) +430
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadState.OnChanged() +103
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadState.set_Status(UploadStatus value) +434
   Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule.Application_EndRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +843
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

When looking at the event log, I've discovered that the worker process has been shut down after the first upload is finished (exactly at the time, my submit button handler is finished). I guess that's where my problem is :-(

Do you have any clue?

chris

Re: Problem with concurrent uploads

Guest-1129

I've already found the solution. The problem was specific to my "workflow": I was uploading to a freshly created folder which always gets deleted after the files have been packaged in a zip file.

And, of course, the IIS process gets restarted every time I remove this folder.

So I should have read your documentation deeper...

chris