Pick Files (Flash) Control Moving on the page

Pick Files (Flash) Control Moving on the page

Guest-1004

I have a web page that displays a 2-column table

row1: table-header test (col 1 & col 2)

row2: the Upload:MultiFile control (with "Get Files" and "Cancel" asp:buttons) ** Col 2 uses html input buttons ** ("Post" button is also in this row.)

row3: asp:panel (with scrollbars) that display images (col 1 & col2)

When row 3 gets large enough to force vertical scrolling AND I scroll down the page, the MultiFile controls ("Get Files" and "Cancel")  slide down the screen.  In other words, they stay where they are on the screen eventhough the web page is scrolling.

Eventhough the "Get Files" flash "button" has moved, it still works.  How do I anchor it to the page.  (The width of the page changes and thus the "desired" location also changes, so ABSOLUTE positioning may not be an easy solution.)

Additionally, the "cancel" button functions like the "Get Files" button.  I thought the second control would clear the entire file list (vs one at a time).  I've read the manual several times and now have "forest-for-the-trees eye-sight syndrome".

Re: Pick Files (Flash) Control Moving on the page

This is a bug in IE7 (and earlier).  The workaround is to set "position: relative" for the scrollable element.  In your particular case, change:

<asp:Panel ID="big_Panel" runat="server" ScrollBars="Vertical" style="height:100%;" >

to:

<asp:Panel ID="big_Panel" runat="server" ScrollBars="Vertical" style="height:100%; position: relative;" >

--Dean