NullReferenceException in ParseMultipart()

NullReferenceException in ParseMultipart()

Guest-1057
Hello, from time to time, any of the users of our app gets this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.Internal.Module.FilteringWorkerRequest.ParseMultipart() in ...\NeatUpload-1.3.8\dotnet\src\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.Internal.Module\FilteringWorkerRequest.cs:line 476
at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule.WaitForUploadToComplete() in ...\NeatUpload-1.3.8\dotnet\src\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload\UploadHttpModule.cs:line 237
at Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.UploadHttpModule.Application_ResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) in ...\NeatUpload-1.3.8\dotnet\src\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload\Brettle.Web.NeatUpload\UploadHttpModule.cs:line 552
at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

We haven't been able to produce that error ourselves (and could get no feedback from users as they don't seem to complain).

Is it an identified bug? Makes any sense? Anybody could help?

Re: NullReferenceException in ParseMultipart()

Try moving NeatUpload's UploadHttpModule to the top of the <httpModules> and <modules> sections of your Web.config.

Re: NullReferenceException in ParseMultipart()

Guest-1057
Thanks Dean, It's the only module in our application. So... It's at the top in both and sections in web.config.

Re: NullReferenceException in ParseMultipart()

You should upgrade to the latest NeatUpload (currently 1.3.19). It might or might not solve the particular problem you are reporting, but it shouldn't create any new problems and it definitely fixes some other problems. --Dean