NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

Guest-1047
NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel . Can you suggest how to achieve this

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

What version of NeatUpload and browser are you using?  Are you using MultiFile with useFlashIfAvailable=true from a Flash-enabled browser?  What is your sessionState mode?  If you wait for 2 minutes after the upload is cancelled, does the file get deleted then?

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

Guest-1047
Neat upload version : 1.3.3482.30099 I am using Multifile upload with useFlashIfAvailable=true from Flash-enabled browser and sessionState is InProc mode. It does n`t delete even if we wait for 2 min after upload is cancelled. I checked in IE8 and Morzilla 3.5.2

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

If you copy Demo.aspx and Demo.aspx.cs into your app from NeatUpload-version/dotnet/app/Brettle.Web.NeatUpload, do the temp files for files uploaded to the MultiFile on the copy of Demo.aspx get deleted?

If you configure NeatUpload-version/dotnet/app as a separate webapp and try to upload files to the MultiFile controls on it's Demo.aspx, do the associated temp files get deleted?

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

Guest-1047
sorry 4 late reply. I tested in the demo application . There too the problem exist

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

Guest-1047
sorry 4 late reply. I tested in the demo application . There too the problem exist

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

Guest-1047
Could you please suggest a solution to this issue

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

Very sorry for the delay in responding.  My site did not send me an email notification of your other recent posts, possibly due to a full disk situation around that time.

I'm going to try to reproduce the problem locally, but one thing that comes to mind is that NeatUpload deletes the temp files for interrupted Flash-based uploads asynchronously.  It does that by putting an item in ASP.NET's cache whose expiration will trigger cleaning up of stale uploads.  If for some reason cache expiration isn't working normally on your server, that would cause the temp files to not be cleaned up.

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

You seem to be running approx NeatUpload-1.3.14.  The bug you are experiencing was fixed in NeatUpload-1.3.16.  I recommend upgrading to the latest NeatUpload-1.3.18.  I just reconfirmed that I don't see the problem when using NeatUpload-1.3.18.

Re: NeatUpload_Temp\{GUID}.config files not deleted on upload cancel

Guest-1047
Issue solved when i upgraded with the latest. Its working fine now Thanks a lot ! :)