NeatUpload 1.3.5 Progress Bar not working on Web Farm IIS7

NeatUpload 1.3.5 Progress Bar not working on Web Farm IIS7

Patrick

I was wondering if it is possible to have the NeatUpload Progress bar (not GreyBox Upload) work on a IIS7 WebFarm.   I solved the first issue by having both servers have the same decryption key in the neatupload section of the web.config.  So the site does allow for uploads, but the progress status no longer displays.  How can this be solved?

Thanks.

Re: NeatUpload 1.3.5 Progress Bar not working on Web Farm IIS7

For the progress bar to work on a web farm you need to have the sessionState mode configured to allow session info to be shared across servers. Is other session state being shared across servers? What does your sessionState section look like and what does your NeatUpload section look like?

Re: NeatUpload 1.3.5 Progress Bar not working on Web Farm IIS7

Guest-861

I've checked the web.config and we are using InProc Sessions and in the NeatUpload Section, it is using the 'SessionBasedUploadStateStoreProvider'

Our hosting company is using a Load Balancer, but has it set to use 'Sticky Sessions'.  So theoretically, should the progress bar work?  OR am I gonna have to use SQL Session State?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sorry for the repost.  You site is getting a mailbox full error

Re: NeatUpload 1.3.5 Progress Bar not working on Web Farm IIS7

Whether NeatUpload in your environment may depend on how your load balancer implements stickiness.  If it is based on IP address, it should work.  If it assumes that the session ID is in the URL, you need to make sure you are using cookieless sessions.  If it is based on connections (and I don't know if any load balancers are), it won't work with NeatUpload because the ProgressBar is updated on a separate connection.

In your first post, you said "I solved the first issue by having both servers have the same decryption key in the neatupload section of the web.config".  What changed when you did that?  If that had an affect, I think it indicates that your sessions are not sticking.  You could try creating a small test page that stores something in the session and see if it is still there on subsequent requests from the same browser.

I can't setup an identical env here, but I'll try to test on a web garden in the StateServer session state mode just to confirm that it isn't a NeatUpload issue.  It might take me a little while though.

--Dean

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the mailbox full error.

Re: NeatUpload 1.3.5 Progress Bar not working on Web Farm IIS7

I have confirmed that NeatUpload works correctly in a properly configured web garden using a sessionState mode of StateServer .  Sounds like the problem is specific to your environment.

--Dean