Multi file extensions

Fawzi

I copy these segment from the document section

how can we add more than one file form as a drop down i tried File description " All Files | PDF | Images"

Extension ="*.*;*.pdf;*.gif"

they all show up on one line and no files can be selected

thanks

FlashFilterExtensions property to a semicolon delimited list of extension patterns (e.g. “*.jpg;*.gif”) that Flash will allow the user to select in the file selection dialog. You can also set MultiFile's FlashFilterDescription to a short textual description of the files that Flash will allow the user to select. Flash displays that description in the file selection dialog.

Re: Multi file extensions

If I use what you describe, I can select any file (because of the *.*), so I'm not sure why you can't select any files.  As for listing different types on a dropdown, NeatUpload doesn't currently support that.  To support it, you would need to change NeatUpload-version/flash/src/SWFUpload/FlashDevelop/classes/SWFUpload.as.  The SWFUpload constructor takes the values you set for the attributes (at that point the are stored in _root.fileTypes and _root.fileTypesDescription) and uses them to set the member variables this.fileTypes and this.fileTypesDescription.  Then in the SelectFiles() method, those member variables are used to construct the array passed to FileReference.browse().    At the moment, the array we pass contains only one element.  You'd want to pass a multielement array.  See the FileReference.browse() documentation for details.

If you do make this work, please email me (dean at brettle dot com) the patch, and I'll try to include it in a future version of NeatUpload.

Re: Multi file extensions

arronlee
I have never tried to set MultiFile's FlashFilterDescription to a short textual description of the files. You said the Flash will allow the user to select, and I will check it later.
Best Regards,
Arron

Next Tomorrow is Another Day.

Re: Multi file extensions

tifanny357
Thanks for your recommendation and I will try .gif file extension.