Maintaining inputfile contents when non-trigger button is clicked

Maintaining inputfile contents when non-trigger button is clicked

Matt
I read the section on this in the manual and added a trigger to my progress display to prevent it from showing when I click other buttons on the form. However, when I click these buttons, it clears the inpugfile contents - this is not the desired behavior. Is there any way to ensure that the contents in the inputfile control persist when a non-trigger button is clicked?

Re: Maintaining inputfile contents when non-trigger button is clicked

If you are doing a full postback, the answer is "no" because after the postback the page is rendered by the server and the browser won't let the server fill in filenames for security reasons. If you are doing a partial postback (eg using an UpdatePanel), search the manual for "UpdatePanel" for possible workarounds. --Dean

Re: Maintaining inputfile contents when non-trigger button is clicked

Guest-1079
Thanks a lot - the: UseSubmitBehavior=”false” did the trick.