Is it possible to put NeatUpload in one DLL?

Is it possible to put NeatUpload in one DLL?

johngrinder
Hi Dean,
Hi Community,

how is it possible to compile all Neat-Stuff into one DLL/library correctly?

I have tried it, and so far it works but i have a problem with ProgressBar.aspx, since this file isn't included in the mmain-project (wich uses the compiled library) - so i get a 404error in the iframe.

Has anyone tried the same stuff?

Re: Is it possible to put NeatUpload in one DLL?

I've never tried it, but I think you would need to use a VirtualPathProvider. --Dean

Re: Is it possible to put NeatUpload in one DLL?

johngrinder
Hi Dean,

hm...i've heard of them but never tried them, too; upon that, it will make the project and its stuff more complicated to setup etc.
To be honestly: i'm asking this because VS.NET compiles all the Neat-stuff each time i compile my small website (and the Neat-directory takes very long in comparison to the rest of the stuff), so i thought i could help myself by putting all the Neat stuff into an extra DLL which is already compiled?

Re: Is it possible to put NeatUpload in one DLL?

There isn't that much in the NeatUpload subfolder, so I don't know why it would take long.  It's just a couple aspx files and a couple ashx files, right?

Re: Is it possible to put NeatUpload in one DLL?

johngrinder
Hi Dean,

well, mh...you are right, but in comparison to the rest of my project the delay when compiling the Neat folder is really significant - this could be avoided if i could place the stuff in an ext. library, which is already compiled.
(and, it's not my machine: it's a 3Ghz P4, 2GB RAM)

I know, this is not a big issue - but i'm looking for as much speed while compiling (especially while testing & debugging) as possible...