Input is enabled in IE, but entering filename by hand doesn't let me postback

Input is enabled in IE, but entering filename by hand doesn't let me postback

Guest-1126
In FF 3.5 when I put NeatUpload on page and click input the dialog appears to select the file. When I select the file I can postback. In IE 6 and 7 the input is enabled and I can enter filename by hand. But I cannot post. Just nothing happens. I removed validators. I would like the input in IE work like in FF. User shouldn't be able to edit filename by hand. Especially that it still doesn't let me postback.

Re: Input is enabled in IE, but entering filename by hand doesn't let me postback

What version of IE and NeatUpload are you using?  Does the same thing occur on the Demo.aspx page?

Re: Input is enabled in IE, but entering filename by hand doesn't let me postback

Guest-1126
I checked on Demo.asxp. It works different in FF, IE and Opera. In FF it is ok. I cannot enter filename by hand. In IE 7 I can and when I click sumbit nothing happens. I also can enter filename by hand in Opera but when I click Submit I see the input flashing showing message that this isnt valid filename (in Polish) upate progress window shows but nothing happens.

Re: Input is enabled in IE, but entering filename by hand doesn't let me postback

I suspect that the problem isn't specific to NeatUpload.  I think this is just the way different browser's deal with <input type="file"> controls.  Can you tell me if you get the same behavior if you use a standard ASP.NET HtmlInputFile or FileUpload control instead of NeatUpload's InputFile?  I'm afraid I don't have a usable IE6/7 to test with, only IE8 and FF.

As a workaround, you might be able to use NeatUpload's MultiFile control.  It even allows you to Customize the MultiFile Button.