IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Cliff WIlliams
I have read all the post regarding IE8 and multifile flash uploads and cannot resove the issue. If i use Flash I get 0 files in the Files array. I've tried using the SessionBasedUploadStateStoreProvider but that did not fix it. flash version 10,0,32,18 Everything else works as it's supposed to, single file upload works fine. Tested it with Google Chrome and IE 7 and it works.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

What OS are you using on the client?  Is it 64-bit or 32-bit?  Also what version of NeatUpload are you using?

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Cliff WIlliams
32 bit, XP, testing on IIS on XP same box. It will eventually run on Server 2003, 32-bit.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

What version of NeatUpload are you using?  Does the MultiFile control in Demo.aspx work for you?

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Cliff WIlliams
1.3.18 No same result. I have event tried changing web config as follows.

  <neatUpload xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008" useHttpModule="false" maxRequestLength="2097151" maxNormalRequestLength="4096"/>
<location path="demo.aspx">
<neatUpload xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008" useHttpModule="true"/>
</location>

 originally was:
<neatUpload xmlns="http://www.brettle.com/neatupload/config/2008" />
 If this were a strictly internal site I would not care as none of our users have IE8. But this us also for use by our busines spartnets and I will not know what they are usig.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

How about the live demo on this site?  What is the full version number for the IE you are using?

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Guest-1036
IE8 version 8.0.6001.18702 Live demo here seems to work.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

If you configure NeatUpload-1.3.18/dotnet/app as it's own web site locally and visit Demo.aspx within that site, does the MultiFile control work?  How about if you copy Demo.aspx and Demo.aspx.cs into your own site?

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Guest-1036
I have not tried the 1st. I will try it. Second does not work.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Guest-1036
Ok, I definatly have something wrong on my end. configuring NeatUpload-1.3.18/dotnet/app as a site and browsine to http://localhost/Demo/Brettle.Web.NeatUpload/Demo.aspx works.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Copy the contents of NeatUpload-1.3.18/dotnet/app/NeatUpload into your own NeatUpload subfolder, replacing the versions that are there.  You might have older versions of some of that stuff (e.g. NeatUpload.js) which might have IE8-specific bugs.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Guest-1036
I'll try that. I downloaded this just a yesterday.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Guest-1036
It's permissions, I'll find it. When I do I'll post it here for others. When I changed permissions on the web site to Anonymous for the whole site, then changed my my MoveTo destination to everyone:change it worked.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Guest-1036
Ok, here is the answer to this iisue. If you want to have a secure upload process. i.e. You only want you users to be able to upload/download files based on thier authentication credentials this is what you need to do.

1. Secure the web site, either basic/SSL or windows authentication.
2. Remove authentication from the NeatUpload folder in your application and set it to Anonymous.
3. Grant the everyone group change rights to your NeatUpload_temp folder.
4. On your final destination for you uploaded files you need to give the local ASPNET account change rights. This is the account under which the moveto method moves the files.

Why this is different than the non-flash uploads I don't know. Maybe Dean can shed some light on this one. I am using impersonation to access the files for download so that may be what is used by the standard upload processes.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Your instructions look correct to me, with the possible exception that if you are using impersonation when you call MoveTo() I think you would need to give change rights to the impersonated account.

The reason this is all necessary when doing flash uploads is that flash can't do Windows Authentication.  It acts like a completely separate HTTP client.  This is a Flash limitation that is not NeatUpload-specific.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Cliff WIlliams
Yes that is correct. The impersonated user needs change rights to the destintion folder.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Guest-1036
IE 64bit Version 8.0.6001.18702
on XP Professional x64 Version 2003 SP2

I cannot upload multiple files on your demo page, the downloaded demo, or on my localhost.

Re: IE8 and MultiFile Flash Upload.

Can you make sure you have the latest stable flash player installed?