Encrypting the .config file in temporary storage

Encrypting the .config file in temporary storage

Christer V. Aas
Hi,

I use your great upload component, and I have a need to encrypt the files that is stored in my App_Data folder when it is uploaded until it is deleted or read to a memory stream in my application. I though the files where encrypted when streamed .config files, but it lookes like they only are renamed. When I rename it back to the original filetype I can open it.

The reason why we need to encrypt these files are because we want to avoid virusscanning of the files.

Is there a setting that allows us to do that?

Re: Encrypting the .config file in temporary storage

There is no existing setting to encrypt the temporary files.  You need to Create a Custom UploadStorageProvider to do that.

--Dean