Display Message After Upload Completes while Images are Being Processed

Display Message After Upload Completes while Images are Being Processed

Guest-1014
I am trying to come up with a way to display some text when the upload completes. We are creating thumbnail images right after they are uploaded so we need to pass on information within a label control or some other means that the images are being processed. Unfortunately because this takes a while the page might appear to "hang" for awhile even though it is simply in the processing image stage. I have come up with a sloppy way to just post some logic within the progress bar status message however I would like to have something more prominent. Is there a way, either via javascript or some other method to post a message letting people know that something is still going on with the script? These are large files so the processing time can take as long as the upload.

Re: Display Message After Upload Completes while Images are Being Processed

See the "Showing Processing Progress" section of the manual. --Dean

Re: Display Message After Upload Completes while Images are Being Processed

Guest-1014
Hmm...only problem with that is when I am using the MultiFile uploader (which is already looping through each file, it creates a loop within a loop. For instance, if I have 8 files I am uploading then the progress bar cycles 8 times for each upload.

Re: Display Message After Upload Completes while Images are Being Processed

The ProgressBar should not cycle 8 times if you upload 8 files with MultiFile.  Are you sure that is what is happening?

--Dean