Demo.aspx not properly working

G Guerrero
Hello. I recently installed NeatUpload in a project I have. After correctly configuring it locally (Windows Vista and VS2008), I installed it in a Virtual Machine with the same configuration the final server will have, and it worked perfectly. The problem comes when I installed it on the server. The configuration is Windows Server 2003 with the latest ASP.NET (3.5) and IIS 6.0 At first it looked like it worked, but the progress bar doesn't show any progress, only the final state when the file is uploaded. So I tried to test the Demo and it isn't working. You can check it out here if you want: http://130.206.162.220/kdk/Demo.aspx In the Virtual Machine everything works perfect, in the real server it just doesn't seem to work. It came to my attention that some javascript might not be working since the console link (Show NeatUpload Console (for debugging)) does nothing while in the virtual machine it pops out a new window. Any insights?

Re: Demo.aspx not properly working

G Guerrero
Ouch, the format was lost, sorry!

Re: Demo.aspx not properly working

You forgot to copy the contents of the NeatUpload subfolder (e.g. NeatUpload.js) into your webapp's NeatUpload folder on the final server.

Re: Demo.aspx not properly working

G Guerrero
Thanks for the reply. I actually copied the subfolder, but it turns out the server prevents some files from being copied due to security reasons and since I copied the entire website didn't notice that was the problem. I'll try to find which files might be affected. Thanks again!

Re: Demo.aspx not properly working

G Guerrero
Well, now all the files are there and it doesn't seem to be working. The pop up appears and the Uploading Progress text shows up but the progress bar doesn't show any info until the file has been uploaded. I also tried what you said in the MultiFile control thread and doesn't seem to help. I also checked it's not set as a web garden.

Re: Demo.aspx not properly working

Does upgrading to NeatUpload 1.3.12 (in particular its NeatUpload.js) solve the problem?

Re: Demo.aspx not properly working

G Guerrero
I just tried it and I see no change. You can still try the url I posted before.

Re: Demo.aspx not properly working

I think there is something between the browser and NeatUpload that is buffering/filtering the upload.  That would explain the lack of progress updates and would also explain the occasional "Client disconnected" failures reported in the progress bar after approx 4MB has been received.  Check your firewall, and look for any extra software installed on the server (e.g. URLScan) that might limit the size of uploads.  Also, check for things that might limit the number of simultaneous connections to the server.  NeatUpload requires 2 -- one to upload the file and the other to check progress.

--Dean