Clarification of "TmpFile is obsolete"

Larry Brindise

The installation manual suggests testing for a valid file upload by checking

if (IsPostBack && inputFieldId.TmpFile != null)

but TmpFile is obsolete.  So I am assuming it is valid just to check to see if

inputFieldId != null

??

or is there a better way?

Thanks

Re: Clarification of "TmpFile is obsolete"

Are you perhaps looking at the 1.0 manual instead of the docs/Manual.html included in the development snapshot?

Per the latter, you need to use inputFiledId.HasFile.

Re: Clarification of "TmpFile is obsolete"

Larry Brindise

Yes, you beat me to it.  I realized I was looking at the old doc that I downloaded from one of your links that (if I recall) was downloaded from a Novell site.(?)

I will always refer to the latest documentation, as this is a good habit especially with quickly evolving software!