Can the class MultiFile from NeatUpload inform you the folder name which is on the client's path?

Can the class MultiFile from NeatUpload inform you the folder name which is on the client's path?

Guest-990
I use the class MultiFile from the namespace Brettle.Web.NeatUpload to upload multiple files from client's machine. I click the "Pick Files" button, choose files from a specified foler, click OK. Everything works fine. Now, I want to know the name of the folder, where contains multiple files for uploading. Is it possible? I know IE6 and 7 still send client's path so that you know the folder's name. But when using your MultiFile class, I don't know how to get it. Thanks.

Stock

Re: Can the class MultiFile from NeatUpload inform you the folder name which is on the client's path?

The easiest way to get the full path of the file (in the few circumstances that it is available) is by Customizing MultiFile's Handling of Queued Files.  You would take the name property of the file object passed to your OnFileQueued() handler and stuff it into a hidden form field so that you could access it on the server-side.  The other option is Creating a Custom UploadStorageProvider.  The filename passed to CreateUploadedFile() includes the path if it is available.

Of course, both of those options will only work in IE7 and earlier and only when not using Flash (ie. useFlashIfAvailable="False").  Most other browsers (including IE8) don't make the path available, for security reasons.

--Dean