Assembly reference in Global.asax.cs

Guest-46

Firstly, thank you for your simple and clear installation document.  I don't know why they seem so rare...

I am developing in C# in Visual Studio 2003.  I ran into problems when I added the

[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator (ConfigFile="log4net.config",Watch=true)]

line to the Global.asax.cs file. The error indicated that there was no reference to log4net, (and I was too sleep at 1:30am last night to figure it out <G>), I gave up and went to sleep.  This morning, I added a reference to my project to the log4net.dll that I copied into the projects /bin folder per your instructions.  Now it compiles with no problem.  Can I suggest you update the install doc to make it even clearer?  Also, I similarly added a reference to the Brettle.Web.NeatUpload.dll after copying it to my projects /bin folder.

Can I also ask that you give a little background on the purpose/function of log4net?

Regards,

Larry

Re: Assembly reference in Global.asax.cs

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've added installation steps to the manual for adding the project references and added a blurb about what log4net is used for along with a link to the log4net home page.